- (Also many radio/podcast appearances related to my book)
- The Fringe (CapeTalk, S. Africa) on appetite and obesity
- Chasing News (FOX My9) on familial DNA search in forensic investigations:
- The Why Factor (BBC World Service) on the problems and limitations of genealogy.
- Access Hollywood on forensic testing of the Steven Avery crime scene:
- The Fringe (CapeTalk, S. Africa) on “Why We Fear”
- Chasing News (FOX My9), feature story on bacteria in makeup:
- 48 hours (CBS), on DNA transfer in a specific criminal case
- PIX11 Morning News, on the ID of the remains of Avonte Oquendo:
The Today Show in feature segment on bacteria in handbags
- CCTV – Biz-Asia News, on the death investigation of Yasser Arafat
- Al-Jazeera: TechKnow, on innovative uses of Forensic DNA technology
- PIX11 morning news, on biometric technology
- Univisión on obtaining DNA from skeletal remains
- The Brian Lehrer Show (WNYC/NPR) on “synthetic marijuana”
Quoted or Cited in Print/Online Publications:
- Featured in Lab News article on my forensic science research
- Quoted in San Diego Reader in article about cultural vs biological evolution
- My book featured in article in New York Post
- Quoted in VICE in article on sports injuries.
- My book featured in article in La Semana (Colombia)
- Quoted in A&E Real Crime Blog on chloroform intoxication
- Quoted in Metro (UK) in article on the legalization of marijuana
- My book featured in article in Infobae (Argentina)
- Quoted in A&E Real Crime Blog on methods to determine time of death.
- Quoted in VICE in article on the future of human evolution.
- My research on the necrobiome featured in many news outlets.
- Quoted in Science Line in article about the oral microbiome.
- Quoted in NY Times article about synthetic marijuana (cannabinoids)
- Quoted in Associated Press article on death investigation of Yasser Arafat
- Quoted in Nature Medicine Blog in article on efforts to ban synthetic cannabinoids
- Quoted in The Guardian in article on cyanide poisoning
Interview on with Brian Lehrer (WNYC, local NPR affiliate) on the passage of marriage equality in New York:
Public comment submitted to the NSF on section 7703 (Hispanic Serving Institutions) of the America Competes Act