- Interviewed on Chasing News (FOX My9) on familial DNA search in forensic investigations:
- Interviewed on BBC World Service, The Why Factor, on the problems and limitations of genealogy.
- Appeared on Access Hollywood to discuss the use of luminol in forensic testing of the Steven Avery crime scene:
- Appeared in Chasing News (FOX My9), feature story on bacteria in makeup:
- Appeared on 48 hours (CBS), discussing the phenomenon of DNA transfer in a specific criminal case
- Appeared on PIX11 Morning News, discussing the identification of remains believed to be those of Avonte Oquendo:
Appeared on The Today Show in segment on bacteria in handbags
- Appeared on CCTV – Biz-Asia News, discussing the death investigation of Yasser Arafat
- Appeared on Al-Jazeera: TechKnow, discussing innovative uses of Forensic DNA technology
- Appeared on PIX11 morning news, discussing biometrics
Interviewed on Univisión regarding obtaining DNA from skeletal remains
- Interviewed on Interview on The Brian Lehrer Show (WNYC; NPR, syndicated nationally) on “synthetic marijuana”
Quoted or Cited in Print/Online Publications:
Quoted in A&E Real Crime Blog on methods to determine time of death.
Quoted in VICE in article on the future of human evolution.
My research on the necrobiome featured in many news outlets.
Quoted in Science Line in article about the oral microbiome.
Quoted in NY Times article about synthetic marijuana (cannabinoids)
Quoted in Associated Press article on death investigation of Yasser Arafat
Quoted in Nature Medicine Blog in article on efforts to ban synthetic cannabinoids
Quoted in The Guardian in article on cyanide poisoning
Interview on with Brian Lehrer (WNYC, local NPR affiliate) on the passage of marriage equality in New York:
Public comment submitted to the NSF on section 7703 (Hispanic Serving Institutions) of the America Competes Act